Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Reflection on Proposal Review

My Food Blog proposal was on: Raw Dishes. 

My reviewer, Thalia, said that it was “important that you are also including a counterargument - focusing on people who love and hate raw food really strengthens your argument.” In reflection, bringing up the argument on both sides was an idea that occurred to me only on a whim. Yet, for someone to have taken notice of it reminded me that counterarguments are indeed important. It provides room for both sides of an opinion and gives an argument more dimension. 

Thalia said that I should mention why “ethos and pathos are important appeals to address in your blog post?” She raises a very good point. Ethos and pathos are important to address because they are primary methods to connect an author with a reader, making a passage come alive more. When one can invest himself or herself into an argument, he or she will be able to understand and believe it more. 


Thalia also asked what tones I would develop in my writing. I will take a modest tone, one that is open to both sides of an argument while still remaining true to one clear point. I believe this is the best way to take a blog post so that all readers will not be offended, and many viewpoints can be well analyzed instead of just one. Although some say that it is better to focus an argument, I believe showing all sides to an argument can offer more room for liberal thought and inspiration for other ideas. 

1 comment:

  1. Good! About your tone, however, you may also want to consider whether you will take on a scholarly or informal tone of speech, and why. Will there be some moments where a colloquial tone would work better than an academic style? If you choose to switch between slightly different tones, either within a single blog post or between different posts, consider your reasons for doing so, and how you might transition between those different tones.

    Grade: Check

    ReplyDelete